Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My welcome note

My friend just sent me her blog. There were two articles in particular that I loved - the one about the cats that I once owned and left to her when I emigrated and the one about my wedding. It got my thinking. I too want a blog, I want followers and I want people to comment on my stories. I have always hated writing, but soon after reading her blog, I sat in the bath and realised my life is full of stories. And I am going to share them.



So by way of introducing myself, I thought I would do so through my family. I am 'S' (that is how above mentioned friend refers to friends and as she is a novelist, I will too. I am married to J, and we have little M - a 7 month old bouncing girl. We too have M1 (the dog) and M2 and T the two (new) cats. That's us, a perfectly happy little family unit. We live in a cottage far too small for the 6 of us, and are soon to relocate to the City of Gold in the Southern Hemisphere. By soon - I mean in 6 weeks time. Aware of the crime stats for the City of Gold, we are completely pooping ourselves but have numbed the pain by renting a much larger home with a POOL.

I work in fashion, which is a complete joke (if you were to see how I dress that is). I hope that one day the run of the mill, drab kindovalook that is my signature, will be the forefront in fashion and I will be interviewed on my inspiration for so casually throwing together a look. Until then I work hard and I love my job (most of the time). It is probably opportune to further elaborate on my unique criteria for choosing garments. My above mentioned blogging friend pointed out that my entire wardrobe had dissolved into a murky ginger palette. This in fact was completely intentional as one of the above mentioned orphaned cats was in fact ginger and I just found it easier for G (G is for Ginger in this case) to malt on me if we complemented each other. That is how I do fashion.

With the Great Trek around the corner, I hope that this will provide great relief for me and huge entertainment for you. Til my next posting - good night

3 comments:

  1. *Lays out welcome mat, pours exotic drink*

    I am so happy you have decided to start a blog! I think you will really enjoy it, and I cannot wait to read more of your stories as you relocate to the City of Gold (and you do realise I will be singing that children’s cartoon theme for the rest of today in your honour don’t you? My work colleagues will be thrilled I tell you.)

    By ‘murky ginger colour’ do you by any chance mean beige, hm? Heehee. But actually accessorizing clothes with your cats is the mark of a true fashionista – in which case I must follow in your knowing footsteps and rush out to buy a murky ginger cardigan right now.

    Have fun with the blog, and I am looking forward so much to keeping in tune with your adventures - and getting fashion tips! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jayne and thank YOU for inspiring me. Lets see where this journey takes us. S

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!!! I am going to bookmark and check in regularly! I should start one too!

    Much love, H XX

    ReplyDelete