Friday, November 13, 2009

Make over

I am stealing a moment from my awful day to write this blog. Since 10pm last night, I have been asked for this, do that, write this - all for a board meeting today. I am run ragged. Anyway. I won a competition last month. I knew I would when I entered, something told me that I was the perfect candidate. It was for a wardrobe make over - no new clothes but advise on what I should / shouldn't wear. I motivated my entry as just having had a baby, body shape has shifted, feet have grown one size and now with the eminent move to Joburg, I need to ship up and shape up! now I know how these things work - you go along, they take a pic (which is badly lit/your worst side etc) and then they do you up and take the next photo which with the help of photoshop, an outfit you could never afford and a bit of slap on your face - you look great. So I cunningly went along looking fabulous in my newly acquired jersey dress and sandals. Oh how wrong I could have been. There did not seem to be one thing right with the outfit I had chosen, from the neck line, hem line, fabric and colour, even my sandal strap was to high, bra was too small yada yada yada yada ya - can you believe it. The 2 hour session went into three and we didn't even finish. I was so depressed. How much of a make over do I really need? I am going back next week. This time I am rebelling - I will be wearing my 3/4 length (wrong hem line), denim (wrong fabric for my shape) much loved peddle pushers which have been donned an absolute no no. When I get my camera next week (my last one was stolen) - I will post my own before and after photos. Joburg here I come!

4 comments:

  1. That make over sounds more of a confidence sapper than a booster! How can a sandal strap be too high, one wonders? It's a sandal for gawd's sake! What do they say you should be wearing, then? A sack?

    And all my good wishes for the move! When is it? And are you ready?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 16 days to go and we haven't packed a sausage - think we are in denial!! Eeeeegggh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Mrs Make Over? How's it all going - are you still in denial?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a little award for you over at my blog, for when you have a working laptop again! Hopefully soon... I want a letter from abroad, please! :)

    ReplyDelete